In 2018 we were invited to conduct auctions including:
- The Max Jones Collection in Orange, NSW over 3 days
- The D’Alberto Family Car Collection in Echuca, Vic and Deniliquin N.S.W over 4 days
- The Mitch Vickers Holden Premier Collection, Whiteman Park, Perth WA over 2 days
- The Phil Munday Car Collection in Bayswater, Melbourne over 2 days
- The Glen and Kelly Jennings Collection “Lost in the 50’s”, Newcastle, N.S.W over 6 days
In 2019 Burns & Co decided to capture this momentum by settling into Business in Bayswater, Melbourne (whilst still retaining their Mildura operations) where regular inhouse Auctions are conducted from their brand new facility at 1 & 2/4 Market Drive, Bayswater. Monthly auctions are conducted alternating between Classic Cars and Memorabilia whilst still retaining the flexibility to conduct specialised auctions and on property auctions.
All auctions include online bidding, phone bidding, absentee bidding and in a normal world floor bidders.
Burns & Co have very quickly gained a reputation for exceeding price expectation and this has purely been results driven from the exceptional sale prices received through the series of the Cowra War Rail and Rural Museum sales, the outstanding hammer prices at the Charlie McCarron, Canowindra Motors sale and of course the record breaking D’Alberto sale at Echuca where many record breaking prices were received including a group of 4 Group A Commodores going under the hammer with the Walkinshaw topping out at $340,000 plus buyers premium…a result of which we may never see repeated.
The total clearance at the Lost in the 50’s Newcastle Auction was another remarkable result given some 90 odd cars and 600 lots of memorabilia went under the hammer in one weekend!
Results like the above gave birth to our motto “When Price Matters”